|Project by JonK||posted 06-17-2014 06:05 PM||3333 views||5 times favorited||6 comments|
This is my version of a parallel clamp design from one of the Lumber Jock members. After purchasing the plans for reasonable price (really a steal) I adjusted the materials list to accommodate the wood I had laying around. Instead of using electrical pipe I use left over galvanized pipe from an earlier plumbing renovation so, I had to adjust accordingly to the diameter of the pipe. The other two changes were the handle that you can see is a hardware store handle that i drilled out and use epoxy to hold it and then I used a t-nut to give me the thread because I didn’t have a 3/8’’ tap for the threaded rod. With the changes, though I’m very confident that they were not improvements but just applications that I had to use – the project turn out wonderfully.