|Project by klassenl||posted 06-15-2014 09:28 PM||972 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
These are the kind of projects I like. Lots of milling that doesn’t have to be accurate to .001” and no finishing. I took home an old exterior door that had a window in it from work hoping to put it in my garage. Well it was the wrong size, the hinges were in the wrong spot and the handle was also in the wrong spot. So I tore out the sealed units, milled a frame, cut a hole in my old door and screwed it in. In the process I managed to crack one of the panes….......it will do for now.
The second project is a window that I made out of a dual hung aluminum slider that I brought home from work as well. I managed to crack 2 of the 4 panes while taking that one apart so it’s only single pane unit, not very efficient, but good enough to be put in the garage.
-- When questioned about using glue on a garbage bin I responded, "Wood working is about good technique and lots of glue........I have the glue part down."