|Project by Peter Brown||posted 05-26-2014 03:11 AM||1581 views||3 times favorited||9 comments|
This is actually the second box I made this weekend. The first one came out great, but I had a major allergic reaction to it.
So I ended up using my last piece of redwood wine barrel. As such the shop smelled strongly of wine during most of the build!
45 degrees angles on my box cutting sled
Glue up with some 1/8 plywood scraps.
Working with the copper was my favorite part of this build
Cut it open, and then hammered it flat.
Heated with a torch for some color
I also got to try mixing epoxy with coffee grounds. It helped fill some gaps in my copper inlay, and also smelled quite nice. The I poured the remainder of the clear epoxy over the top to seal in the copper and prevent fuhrer patina.
Although I forgot to film it, I did spray the box with two coats of lacquer. I guess I just got a little ahead of myself!
Here’s a video as well!
-- Peter Brown - Collector of WD-40 and wood splinters