|Project by bluekingfisher||posted 05-21-2014 09:03 PM||11642 views||74 times favorited||45 comments|
Back in March of this year I started to build my wall tool cabinet. If you want to look at the initial post of the build it was 60 days ago. I’m sure you can find it on my home page if you want to look. Unfortunately I have no idea how to add the link to this project page??
Anyway, I was tired and frustrated of looking for hand tools in the tool chest, which can be seen to the right of the Cab in the first image. Each time I opened a drawer I could hear and feel tool steel clattering against one another, so before I smashed them all to bits I built the cab. It has taken me until now to decide where to put each tool. Best laid plans an d all that, some of the tools didn’t fit where they were supposed to. I took the time to shellac and wax each holder, why? I don’t know, just seemed right.
As you can see I managed to pack a lot in there. So now I will be more able to find an individual tool. Some of the tools still need to be cleaned and honed but that will be an ongoing process as I begin to use them again.
It is made of 18mm Baltic birch ply why sappele door trim. Dovetailed at the corners and hung with a French cleat 12mm back panel.
Dims are 41×36 x 15”
The only real issue I had was that the wall of the shop is obviously not flat, when I installed the cleat and hung the doors the misalignment threw the doors out. I had to loosen the cleat bolts and pack a shim. It was out by 12mm.
Well thats it about done, except for a couple of little bits and bobs I will need to shoe horn in somehow.
Thanks for looking.
-- No one plans to fail, they just, just fail to plan