|Project by ScottM||posted 05-21-2014 02:38 PM||1066 views||3 times favorited||1 comment|
This is my headboard project. I found a video on youtube that showed someone making one. I took that idea and modified it to fit my required sizes. The last picture shows a mirror reframing that started this whole bedroom makeover. My wife’s dresser had a large hutch-like cabinet that just sat on top that contained a mirror. It was big and bulky and really served no purpose except make the rool look cramped and hide the wall. So I remove the hutch and then removed and reframed the mirror. The old headboard was also big and bulky. Now the room at least feels larger.
Both the mirror and headboard are red oak with dark walnut stain and topped with semi-gloss oil based poly that was brushed on. These are the two projects that made me realize that I needed a sprayer which I got and then used on the night stands. I hate brushing poly!