|Project by Elyasaf Shweka||posted 05-21-2014 08:09 AM||2251 views||3 times favorited||6 comments|
A set of 3 trivets, made from Walnut, Cherry and Maple.
I don’t own a Lathe, so it was all made on the table saw, Laminate trimmer and a desktop drillpress – that and some simple jigs i made. Finished with Rustin danish oil.
I’m very pleased with the base, which i made from some remains of another project that didn’t go so well. its just a matter of time till ill make a full board from that. its not end grain but i guess the main issue here is the look.
I’m really not sure about the durability of this with hot pots, but i guess ill know soon :)
I find it quite intresting that just a few hours ago Tag84 published a beautiful project of a bowel based also on a 3d board design.
http://lumberjocks.com/projects/101433 i guess that the feel is that those appealing designs of cool boards are ready to go to next stage – it could be much more than just a simple flat board.
-- Only by the 4th time I realized how it was suppose to be done in the first place.