|Project by Alistair||posted 05-19-2014 03:19 PM||1110 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
Very quick one here of my very first “woodworking” project, from around 2 years ago.
I whittled this using only the knife shown in the finished picture and finished up with sandpaper to smooth it out.
The project itself is made from a branch from a Buddleja that we had cut back as it had grown too far onto the drive.
I didn’t think to take any pictures until I was half way through; even then, they were poor quality until the final few, so apologies for the quality.
Just thought I would bring my Lumberjocks project portfolio up to speed and add some historical projects.
The blade and pommel are finished using a satin clear varnish, sanded to around 240 grit prior. The handle is finished using a mahogany stain/varnish mix.
This was my first whittle of any kind, all done free hand without any templates. I am not overly proud, but as it was the project that got me into woodworking, I thought it only fair to include it.
-- For more details about this project please check out my Blog: http://shavingsandawl.com