|Project by Manitario||posted 05-06-2014 01:14 AM||2553 views||13 times favorited||24 comments|
First project in a long time that I’ve had time to complete. The cabinet is walnut with a spalted maple sliding front. Finished with a coat of BLO and then several coats of shellac and then paste wax. Overall, a fairly simple project, but I managed to mess it up…I had planned to have the walnut grain wrap around the cabinet but I cut the boards in the wrong sequence…couldn’t bring myself to scrap $150 of walnut and start over. Sadly, a year ago I had started making a cabinet similar to this out of walnut ply and made the exact same mistake and scrapped the project. Going to use this to store records and our turntable.
-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil