|Project by Ben Martin||posted 04-29-2014 03:44 PM||891 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
With the baby coming soon, I finally got to the shop to build some stuff for the nursery.
The storage unit, which will hold plastic bins was a simple enough build, except that when I went to pick up the lumber, I found that I have almost no pine left! I ended up putting a plywood back on it, since I didn’t have enough lumber to make a back panel.
Having knocked that project off the list, I went and dug around in the back of the barn to see if I could find any pine left over from the last repair job, and was amazed to find 3 nice 12” wide pine boards. If only I had a 12” jointer…but with some careful work, I got them planned down, cut a few dado’s, and then began the usual search for enough clamps! With glue setting, and clamps at a premium I couldn’t believe that everything came out square without any encouragement needed!
With the lacquer finish applied, now comes the fun hanging wallpaper boarder and getting the room organized.