|Project by Gixxerjoe04||posted 04-28-2014 10:04 PM||1437 views||14 times favorited||2 comments|
Decided to make a couple tea light candle holders, made the stripped one and decided to make one that was different. Still being new to woodworking i had never worked with dowels before but figured I’d give it a shot. Used 3 different size walnut dowels and just started putting holes in a piece of maple i had cut for a regular looking candle. Glued them in and cut them off and sanded them flush, finished it with wipe on poly hoping it wouldn’t blotch like when i used danish oil on one, still got to figure out what to do about that. Came out pretty good and different i think. The other is just maple and walnut pieces cut to a half inch and glued together. I had intended on cutting the end at a 45 and gluing the mitered ends together but i messed up on the angles on the first cut so i just had to improvise without ruining the whole thing.