|Project by ghost5||posted 04-25-2014 09:36 PM||1077 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
After a miserable week fighting vertigo and massive migraines I went to the shop today and instead of doing something I didn’t have to think about I did this. I have never made one of these and they are about the most technical call to build and makers will not tell you dimensions so I had very little information to go on.
After finding some instructions online I followed them about as much as I follow any instructions, not much, and tried making this thing. I used whatever was close by, walnut and blackwood for the trumpet then tulipwood, deer antler and padauk for the mouthpiece.
I don’t think it looks too bad for a first try and since I can barely run one of these I’m not sure about the sound yet. I still need to add a lip stop but other than that she is ready to run.
-- Tommy, http://www.followingghost.com