|Project by MactheKnife||posted 04-19-2014 09:49 PM||2004 views||11 times favorited||6 comments|
I built a disc sander for my lathe a while back, which served me well until the top warped. It was thin ply and my workshop got a bit damp over the winter.
So I rebuilt it with 3/4 inch ply, its now 2 x bigger and has got dust extraction.
I made another sanding disc so i could have a selection of grits available.
The first disc I built fitted to the lathe with a face plate. It was a pain if I needed the face plate for another task, so this time I embedded a nut in 3/4 inch MDF on the back of the disc instead. Which works fine. However when I was finsihing it, it occured to me that I should have just made the 3/4 inch MDF wide enough to fit my chuck and saved myself a load of effort! (Dumbass)
Thats a task for a rainy day in the future though.