After putting the saw on the base, there were two issues that I wanted to correct. Minor, but I couldn’t let them go.
1. There was a slight wobble in one of the corners. I stuck a plastic washer under the corner and that fixed it.
2. Since the clearances are pretty tight, if the saw shifts on the base about 1/4” it will hit the adjuster bolt head. Not a big deal to shove it back when I want to adjust the height, but one I wanted to address.
After over thinking for 2 days, I went the simplest route possible. 30 mins later I an say they did there job.
Quick and dirty and was not even going to take photos…
Welded on stop on the back of the machine with a piece of foam mat
Welded on a weld washer to add more to tap, tapped hole for 3/8-16 bolt
Made a few tabs with a slot. I cemented on a large (2-1/4x.125) hard rubber washer to the tabs
And to help with the wobble, I cut a Harbor freight puzzle mat to act as a base/slight cushion. It compresses quite a bit so the saw isn’t spongy or anything.
Now I can say I am done and can finally put the saw together! It rolls really nice and the few tabs are enough to keep the saw from shifting slightly. Today, assembly (finally!)