Well It’s done!
At a total of $130.00 in materials I’ve finished the project I wanted when I first saw it the March 2010 issue of Wood Magazine.
It’s also the first project I’ve done working with Cherry. I really enjoyed it even though I found Cherry to be a bit unforgiving.
The grain pattern through out the piece is really eye catching: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43319756@N05/5069101620/in/photostream/
I’m so happy I decided to take the time to do the half blind dove tails on the drawers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43319756@N05/5068492865/in/photostream/
Yes they are machine cut with a jig, but it’s a far far cry better then what the original plans called for (rabbited joints).
The finish is one thin coat of shellac and 3 coats of hand wiped poly.
I’m looking forward to more Cherry projects.
-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!