Just a quick update to let you know where I’m at. Rough sanding is done and so are most repairs and modifications. Some finer sanding and a back for the top then it’s painting time.
I also wanted to share the modification I did to the “roll up door”. Here is a pic of the original track.
This setup seemed kind of chincy. The door rolled up upon itself which, to me, seemed like it could lead to binding. Not only that, I was afraid the slats would rub the finish off each other.
Here is what I changed it to. Something comparably to a roll top desk’s track. I think this would operate more smoothly.
-- Well, I'll be screwed, glued, and tattooed!