So how many of us change our plans as we go along on a woodworking project. I would think the majority do for any number of reasons. My initial thought for this project was to put an epoxy bar top finish on it. After my research it would cost m...
|View peterrum's:||home||workshop||projects (22)||blog (8)||reviews (0)||forum topics (1)||buddies (7)||favorites (55)||activity log|
153 posts in 1982 days
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 22 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 8 »
I have now applied two coats of teak oil to the table to seal it up a bit and hopefully this will help to reduce the amount of air bubbles that can show up during the epoxy application. I am still researching which bar top epoxy to use so it may ...
Bit by bit and either with a palm sander or by hand, the table has been sanded to a nice smooth finish. 180 grit was the last grit I used and I felt that is sufficient for this project. I am quite happy with the progress and the way it looks. N...
As previously mentioned, all the inlay has been glued in and I have test sanded the outside edge as you can see with 60 grit. I need the heavy grit to get the old varnish topcoat off. I am using a combination of hand sanding and a palm sander.
The curled bits of inlay were carefully removed from the table and put aside. Then I used some water and a steam iron to heat the vacant areas and remove the old glue from the plywood base. I also used the same technique to remove the old glue f...