When my wife and I bought our townhouse, I promised to take on some DIY projects to improve the storage options. When I took up woodworking, I amended that promise to make cabinets to improve the storage options in our house.
Fast forward 7 years, I decided to finally get to the first project on the list. I picked up 2 sheets of 3/4 birch plywood from Home Depot on Friday night. Had them cut in the store and after moving them into my basement, I committed to breaking them down sooner rather than later. Well one thing led to another and I found myself cutting all the parts and joinery (dados and grooves) at my makerspace on Saturday night. I was quite happy to finally use my dado stack.
Sunday (today) rolled around and I finished the assembly in short order.
After posting my progress on Facebook with a snarky caption, I realized that I had some edge banding (wife wants frameless) and got to work banding the cabinets. Then one thing led to another, and now the final sanding is complete, ready for painting. I believe we’re ready for some HVLP fun tomorrow.
So in summary, I think I am trying to make up for 7 years of procrastinating.