- Jets – Hands down my favorite (I have 6 of them), due to the bigger jaw size, markings on the bar (which is very useful), and the positionable balance foot. Surprisingly, the bench dogs have proven to be VERY useful, they are sized well to provide a balance point when using the clamp blocks. Trust me, they’re awesome when you use a 40” clamp on a 20” clamp-up. The handle however isn’t my favorite, and I’m not 100% sold on the slide glide trigger, as they did give me some problems as I noted in my review
- Bessey – The new K Body REVOs are a very close runner up, thanks to the 2K handle. Currently I only have 1 that I picked up from Lowes. I do look forward to when the local orange Big Box starts stocking them in store and not just online. Now if they were to add the bar markings and mimic the Jet balance foot, then we’re really going to have a contest for my money.
- Peachtree – I recently added 2 of these to my collection, and they are as simple and easy to use as the classic Bessey K Body. I like the fact that they blended the features of the classic K Body and the bench dogs of the Jets (read more about it in my review. The handle on these, also take second place in my heart as the composite material is very easy to work with. Move over K Body Revo Jr, they may have a similar (slightly higher) price point to the Peachtree, but they’re not winning my vote.
- I can’t stand the wooden handle. In practice, they have slipped on me when trying to tighten them up.
- Where are the ridges on the clamp bar? All the aforementioned clamps have the ridges which prevents slipping with placed in a horizontal position. The Jorgies on the other hand, don’t have them, and I have been able to force the clamp to slide backwards when playing with them at Woodcraft. Maybe I’ll experiment and see if I change my mind when they finally go on clearance at the orange big box.
Change those two red flags, and I think it’ll be all that more a game changer for me again. Until then, I’ll be continuing to stash away clamp money until another sale (or impulse buy).