LumberJocks

Weather Station #4: Initial Glue Up

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by newTim posted 03-16-2009 05:14 AM 3390 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 3: Fitting the instruments Part 4 of Weather Station series Part 5: I am repelled... »

I thought the piece needed a little pizazz so I added ebony strips to the top and bottom. Ebony and maple look great and I think it added alot to the overall look. Next came sand, sand, sand… then a fairly straighforward and uneventful glue up, except one little thing. Check out the next blog entry to see a major screw up. Besides tape I also used a countersink bit to bevel the edges of the upward facing holes to help control squeeze out. It seemed to work pretty well and by the looks of the glue that pooled up I think it really helped.

-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com



1 comment so far

View Partridge's profile

Partridge

296 posts in 3416 days


#1 posted 03-16-2009 05:56 PM

The black band is a nice touch

-- I get out in the shop when I can

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com