Apologies for the time gap. I had to find my pictures. I was happy with the way the ribs turned out on this piece. Specifically how parallel each of them were and the fit of the miters. I used bending plywood to form a spacer for the curved drawer handles or ribs as I call them, and straight spacer boards ripped to the same width for the sides and backs. The front ribs were form fitted with a nice tight fit so are only glued while the sides and backs were supported with domino tenons. The back ribs also covered up the pocket hole screws that were used to connect the back to the sides.
Since the white case is holly veneer I finished the sapele ribs with the stain & tint mix coated with shellac and lacquer before fixing them in place.
I used bending plywood as a spacer for the curved fronts and various clamping schemes to apply pressure including band clamps.
I used straight spacers for the sides and back, and attached them with glue and the domino.
The miters required some precise cutting and fitting, and you can see how some prior planning allowed for the rib placement to cover up the pocket holes.
And then the project comes together.
-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com