This was a workable solution until I found better parts. More on that in the next entry. This one, however, was over thought, over engineered, and not quite there. Since I couldn’t find a taller nut I decided to try to get by with a square nut buried in layers of plywood. I set up a template on the drill press to make matching holes and squared one up for each wheel to receive the nut. While it ended up working the weight of the cabinet was too great to keep the wheels perpendicular so it was hard to dial in the height and the table/cabinet was a little shaky. Fortunately, I ended up finding the exact parts to do the job, but not before installing these.
-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com