I’ve got the main box complete (6.25” square) and the front cover on and finished. There are flaws – some tear out in the finger joints that I somehow managed to glue on the outside for all the world to see…. And a small crack on the front). But still I’m pretty happy. I’m not an experience wood worker really. I’ve made more shop jigs than anything really, so I’m feeling pretty good about this.
Here’s a few pics.
The box finished with Tung oil (3x) and bullseye shellac (3x with 320 grit in between). I love the figure on the curly mahogany.
Unfinished frame for the camera back:
Frame with the 4×5 film holder:
-- I do this for fun.