Well, I took the advice of covering the piece of purpleheart with packing tape, and I did get in the Flying Dutchman's blades! I had ordered different types of the #3 blades, but after talking with Mike about my earlier project, was advised to use ther FD-ur 1, or 3. I used the #3 in the FD-UR on a piece of purpleheart, wrapped on both sides of the wood. I had cut out a rabbit with some fretwork to it. It was amazing!!! No burning, no smoking, I was very well pleased with the project. Thanks to all for the good advice and help I had received. All I need to do now is buy more purpleheart. LOL
I have some blood wood, just need to make up my mind what pattern to work with it.
I decided to cut out the dragonfly shelf out of 3/4" walnut. I had enlarged the pattern, and looking foward to cutting it out.
By subscribing to the RSS feed you will be notified when new entries are posted on this blog.