Nothing to see here yet, just marking my progress…. more for myself.
Today I did some finishing touch-ups on the first chair, going around and being sure all the glue squeeze-out I missed was removed. Hide glue peels off easily off the finished pieces. Painted on some of the oil based gel in spots where I managed to nick the finishing (tsk tsk) in my glue-up. Waxed it up again. Gotta find an upholsterer retailer around here for the leather…..
I took apart the 7 foot long table with help (it is really about 5 feet with 2 dropleaf extensions), stripped and sanded to 80 the tabletop. Ready for refinement and finishing….
I am half done stripping a second chair, but I let it go today being too excited to get a big piece of work started (the table top).