Straight from our Ad Team...
Want to get noticed?
Do you have a woodworking related business? Big or small, this is your chance to get noticed on LumberJocks.com for FREE!
Simply send us your creative and landing page for your chance at a free slot in our Vertical Banner 2 for 1 month (see our advertising plans).
At the end of each month we will have a random draw for the next month of free advertising! The first random draw will take place the end of this month, so get your ads in now for some great exposure!
Creative dimensions: 120×240 px
Format: .jpg or .gif
Email your banner and landing page to: advertising.squires (at) lumberjocks (dot) com
How to create a banner that works?
You know your market; you have a great product or service and are ready to advertise with us. The only problem is, you don’t have a banner or are unsure of what your banner should contain. The design of your banner is a very important factor in effective online advertising.
Here are a few tips to help you create a well constructed banner which can result in a catchy advertising creation crowded with clicks.
- Use attractive eye-catching colors. Incorporating bright colors like yellow, red orange and blue will draw attention to the banner. At the same time, don’t make the banner so bright that you sacrifice readability.
- Clear readable font. Use crisp fonts that work with your background color. Be sure the font is a style and size that is easy to read.
- Keeping it simple. Don’t overcrowd your banner with to much information; after all you want customers to visit your site to find out more about your products and offers. Using simple catch phrases work well like “Special offer”, “Click Here”, “Limited Time” and “Enter to win” grab readers attention.
- Headline: Use a on-line catchy phrase explaining your offer.
- Company Brand: prominently display your brand or product within the banner.
- Special Offers: Using special offers for your target audience ads a personal touch and should result in more clicks, for example “Lumberjocks, click here for a special offer”.
Your Landing Page:
- Be sure the link you provide for your banner leads the customer to a page on your website with relevant information. If you have a special offer, direct the customer to a page on your website explaining the related offer.
A great banner is helpful in creating brand awareness and generating business leads. Make it look professional, professional-looking banners will to add attractiveness and credibility to your product or service.