Don’t forget that the entry deadline of our Bookcase Challenge is on Sunday.. so there are just 4 days to go.
I suggest to read the rules carefully before posting your polished entry. Here they are again:
HOW TO ENTER / OFFICIAL RULES
- The primary function of the entry is as a bookcase. You won’t gain points if the piece is a dining table with shelves located below the apron ;) Plus it must be able to be built in the real world – not just in the computer program.
- Design must be your own, not copied from another existing piece.
- Design your entry in Google SketchUp or other 3D/CAD program. Hand drawn plans are accepted as well.
- SUBMIT your challenge entry as the regular blog entry (not as the project) and tag it with challenge04 (of course you may add any additional tags too):
Note that you don’t need to use ‘challenge04’ in the blog entry title.
- You can submit only one entry – give it your best shot.
- Describe your modeling process in a blog entry and add at least one screenshot of the finished bookcase design created by you.
- You must include the final model file in your entry – if you’re submitting other than hand drawn plans. SKP SketchUp file or DFX file if you’re using CAD-type program.
- The entry deadline is April 20th.
- Winners will be announced online at LumberJocks.com and PopularWoodworking.com on April 25th.
You can read the answers to frequently asked questions here.
And here’s the video tutorial: