A while ago I picked up a Carbatec carving miner, then of course promptly got buried under a bunch of other projects and forgot all about it.
I’ve just started working at a new place and they do a secret santa gift exchange for christmas. Since I detest shopping I was staring at my wood shelf and wondering what I could make with my current limited setup.
Well, turns out I had a chunk of camphor laurel sitting there. When using the angle grinder this morning to cut some steel I had seen the miner sitting in the box. 2 + 2 = 4 and huzzah a hare-brained scheme was trying its best to come out.
Enough talk, here is a picture. I forgot to take one before I started, this much took about 5 – 10 minutes. The little miner chews through the wood. Glad I had on a mask and face shield, lots of very fine dust created.
And here is where I’ve stopped for the moment. Rounded the corners over and made the center a bit deeper.
Got to flatten the bottom out yet and smooth the inside out.
Really like how the grain is showing up so far and the smell! oh my goodness it smells so good!