After making the torsion box and carcass I wanted to protect the bench a little. I rubbed in some tung oil finish (two coats I think) and added a coat of furniture wax. For garage use, I felt that would be fine. No need to coat where it won’t be exposed. I haven’t built the riser blocks (whatever they’re called).
It brought a little shine to the workbench. My sanding got the best of me and a sanded through the top birch veneer at a lot of the corners, but I’m not concerned. It’s a plywood workbench. Not a Rubo. This isn’t a generational work bench. My expectations are based in reality.
And like most of my projects, the first use of the bench was stolen by my wife. It was able to hold a lot of picture frames while they dried. I did make it long for this type of work, but she could have been nice and let me use it first.
After getting the thief’s work off the bench, I was able to use the bench to house most of my tools. I got so much in there, I was able to condense two 4’ shelving units and get rid of one, which was a goal. The bench will be stationed where the shelving unit was.
-- Beat it to fit. Paint it to match.