Finally I’m done. Break out the champagne. Here’s the home stretch, I took some time off but where I left off was everything but the shelf. I bought a Stanley 45 back in May and really hadn’t used it much so I figured the shelf on this bench was the way to go. I could learn on something that only I’d see and if I screwed something up so what. By the end of it I was getting pretty consistent tongue and groove joints.
Once I got all of them planed down with the joinery I was ready to go and put the shelf on.
And on that note here is the finished product.
I’m pretty happy with out it turned out. The only real issue I have is that the screws for my vise might be a bit too far from the top and it causes a bit of racking from top to bottom. The manual suggested running the front face through the planer with a small strip glued to it in order to skew it top to bottom. I may pull it off and do that eventually.
Now I’m officially out of excuses to keep from working on the honey-do list I have.
-- Trust me I'm an engineer.