Busy weekend but I got the ends cut off, still some work to do truing them up since I’m not an expert with a handsaw and went off line more than I would have liked.
So I’ve got some work to do squaring that up. I made some progress with my No 5 plane but I got sick of it so I moved on to working on the top. I kept the No 5 out to rough out the top and worked it in a crisscross pattern using the edge of my plane as a straight edge. When I got it to where I thought the crown was out of it I swapped the No 5 out for my No 7.
What was flat over the length of my jack plane wasn’t so flat under the jointer. Back to the crisscross and then I did some cross grain before working if over the length. That went pretty quick.
I spent a little over an hour on it and it’s not perfect but it’s close enough until I get some legs under it and give it a final flattening. At least I made a decent pile of shavings.
Now on to work on getting the bottom flat enough to start working on legs.
-- Trust me I'm an engineer.