Tonight I finished getting all the legs ready for joinery. I started by flatting one face and taking out any twist. Some of the boards were pretty bad. The second face was then planed parallel to the first by marking the thickness. I don’t have much of a bench now (hence the build) and working the edges is difficult. I have better luck doing that after the glueup.
After all 8 pieces were flatt on the faces they were glued together. Because the widths were not all the same I found the drawknife to make quick work of removing the bulk of the waste on the edges.
After the drawknife my #5 continued hogging off wood.
Checking for square as I worked help bring things in order.
And once it was close the #8 finishes things off. There is still some tearout but I’m not going to fuss with it on a workbench.
Finally I have four finished legs.
And I am now working on bringing the stretchers to 4S
-- Mike, Western New York