Tonight I didn’t have much time to work on the boat but I did get the outer stem attached. It still needs to have the screw holes plugged but at least it is on. I used 4 #6 silicon bronze screws to hold it on but had some problems. Because I couldnt very easily clamp the bottom (top sense it is upside down) I tried to pull it in with the screws. This resulted in a couple broken screws. Luckily I was able to drill them out and then use my head. I sucked the difficult screws up first the on my second try and then pulled the top of the stem in with a clamp and add the other two screws. Worked out ok but now I am nervous that I won’t have enough screws for everything else.
-- Mike, Western New York