Last night I used a jigsaw to fabricate the pieces that make up the top wheel cover and supports based on the full sized templates. I attached the tensioner to the back piece and then attached it to the support column with screws/bolts using two horizontal supports. I made a slight modification to this piece by adding a spring; this should take some of the tension off the structure itself when the blade is tightened.
I also installed the previously built drive shaft assembly and door. The kit came with rubber tires that were fairly easy to get on the wheels. The wheels and the large pulley went on the carcass without too much fuss after installing an additional support piece.
The next piece installed was the lower blade guide. It was a little tight getting it screwed in and I was nervous about getting it straight and aligned. After placing the blade on the wheels, everything checked out. Notice the retro brass guide blocks!
So…this is what things look like now. Starting to look like a band saw!
-- Jeff, "The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me."