well, its time to make the upper frame. I have rounded the edges of the back brace (as the anchoring rope is going to go around it), screwed it to the lower support (the pull is toward the support, so no need for structural joints) and this is what i got:
I figured the pole will have to rotate on some support from belo, so i used pocket screws to add a piece of timber below it:
and now all the frame is together!
I have used different joints for this:
to reduce friction, the pole will rotate aginst metal. I can tell you that this metal artifact cost 50 cents :-)
and thats the “needle” it rotates on, the nuts are just for adjusting the depth:
Almost done! but I made a mistake and trimmed the upper pole brace in a way that will never work, so I have to re-make it and thats denailing, etc…. afterwards, metal strips to hold the pole in place and we are ready to go!
I think the winch is heavier now that the pole…. I will not take it with me to Murchison as i didn’t try it and I have no time to finish it.
-- The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep...