the top had to be done from two pieces that can be easily disassembled as it had to pass through narrow staircase and also probably be moved around quite a bit. the thought of waving around 60kg beech top was not really appealing, so i decided at ...
|View moshel's:||home||workshop||projects (61)||blog (21)||reviews (3)||forum topics (19)||buddies (22)||favorites (64)||activity log|
864 posts in 2428 days
Location: New Zealand
Beginner woodworker, lucky enough to own second (tenth?) hand Robland X-31.
so far made a table, tv stand, end grain cutting boards, king single bed and some small bits and pieces.
-- The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep...
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 61 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 21 »
and here it is!
after lots of considerations and tests, i decided to use diluted white acrylic (10 water to one acrylic but your mileage may vary as acrylics are very different one from the other). I brushed it on and wiped it off. the result at first looked like...
verticals were grouped into pairs, and double taped so the outsides will be face to face (this way the hole will be nice and smooth on the outside). it is important to mark the pairs as the drilling is never the same unless done together. a...
have some time now, so expect more progress! first, i milled and chamfered the beam. although the plan calls for laminating two 3/4” pieces i used single 1.5” piece as i am making the table easy to break apart and move, the beam ...