Just some minor details attended to for this update.
First, I cut out some hold downs to use in the t-slots I cut in front of the fence (shown without the t-bolts)
Then I applied the measuring tape I bought from woodcraft to the top front edge of the fence. This actually worked out very well as I can line up the part of the stop block that runs along the top side of the fence with the measuring tape. Woodcraft sells both L-to-R and R-to-L measuring tape in 6’ and 12’ lengths. I decided to just purchase one R-to-L 6’ measuring tape and use it for both sides. I applied the first 30” strip to the left side, as that’s naturally the side I cut on 2nd, and will most likely use that side to place the stop block for final measurement/cut of each mitred piece. Then I just made sure to start the rest of the measuring strip at the next foot increment on the right fence (which happened to be 3 feet). Since there are red numbers 1 through 12 for each foot, this really won’t be an issue, and saved me from having to buy another whole strip unnecessarily).
At this point I realized I don’t have the necessary pieces to make a frame around the sled (I probably do but will need to wait until my current project is finished to see what is left over). So for now, this project is done. The last bit to do is to just apply some paste wax to the bottom of the sled and put some eye-hook onto the front edge to be able to hang the sled on the wall.
I used the sled to cut some scrap 1×2 pine for a sample frame and it came out perfectly. Using opposite sides of the fence to cut adjacent pieces for the frame results in a perfect 90 degree angle.