After the drawer was finished, I put together the cleats for the drawer to run on and also the cleats to attach the top. I keep forgetting to cut a dado on my apron pieces so I can try to attach the top with little wood clips instead. I’ll h...
|View mitchota's:||home||workshop||projects (5)||blog (16)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (1)||favorites (9)||activity log|
48 posts in 1403 days
Location: Wailuku HI
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 5 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 16 »
After the dry fit, I glued and clamped up everything to build the base. Aside from that one small mistake on cutting the mortises, it went all together fine. It came out pretty close to perfectly square and I didn’t need to use all my clamps...
A while back (like 6 months ago), I was building a chest of drawers for my fiancee’s Japanese dance clothes. I ran into some problems with the pine boards I got being VERY cupped and I wasted a few good pieces trying to make the the drawer f...
I finished up the top yesterday. The top panel is made out of a piece of plywood with pine edging. I cut a groove into the edge of the plywood and a tongue on the edging so I’d have more gluing area and a more positive fit without having to ...
After my fiasco with the first set of drawer fronts, I took the time to recollect myself and got them put together the right way with the replacement wood I bought. Thanks to everyone who gave me the advice about purchasing a planer in my previous...