Continuing to work up the saw I got the next big chunk of work done, the motor and the motor carriage. I followed pretty much the same process I used while doing the base. Like I said before, this saw is in great working shape and had been used daily by the gentleman that had it before. I both the motor bearings and track bearings had already been replaced. They were in good shape so all I needed to do was give them a thorough cleaning.
I also hand painted the embossed DeWalt logo ‘keep saw sharp’ label on the blade shroud. It seemed like something fun to try and I don’t think it ended up too bad. I settled on red simply because it’s my favorite color and the caution label to the right was already red.
To be continued….