I was going to post this back at xmas but never got to it and just came accross the pics again. So better late then never right??
We just bought this house spring 2013 very old victorian built in 1903 “A dream come true for both me and my wife” but as old houses go there is a lot of upkeep and modernizing that needs to be done to say the least. So first on the list was to get ductwork to the second floor since there was only main floor ducts. We got a flyer in the mail for this very thing and I figured it would be something that would take some time and planing orginizing blah blah blah. Well they met with us the day after we called them and had it schuduled and built in 3 days WOW!!!
Now I have this exposed ductwork in my dining room and we are having family over to our house for xmas in less then 2 weeks. Yep you guessed it the wife was not happy with that so I had to get this covered and covered fast. We went back and forth on how to make some nice cabinets built around it and match the other side of the opening but in the end we just didn’t have time or money to do this so I walled it up and painted.
I was able to salvage most of the very old 3 piece base board but not all so I had to make about 2 feet from scratch. Lots of strange router technques and rasping filing and sanding later…... walla all done. I got a ton of complements on it at xmas. Made it all worth while.
Let me know what you think.
-- Wood and Glass they kick (well you know) Have a great day - Dug