I spent the better part of the last two weeks applying Arm R Seal to the table. The table top got four brushed coats of full strength Arm R Seal on each side. Between each coat I buffed with a 1000 grit festool platin pad. I then wiped on a 50/50 mix of Arm R Seal and Naphtha on each side.
Here is the top after the fourth coat:
And after the final wipe on coat:
The base got five coats of wiped on Arm R Seal/Mineral Spirits 50/50 mixture:
Finally, it was time to attach the base to the top. I used figure 8 fasteners from Rockler. I attached six to each cross member, but only ended up screwing four from each into the top, and its holding just fine.
And here is the completed table. The stools were purchased from a local furniture store, as I didnt have the time to build stools to go with it. The only thing I have left to do is rub out the top to bring it down to a more satin sheen, but it needs to cure for a bit first. All of these pictures so far have been with my cell phone. Once the finish is rubbed out, I’ll get better pictures with my real camera and post it to my project page.
-- Marshall - http://mcomisar.tumblr.com