upgrade for the bin
Just a little upgrade.
The system works really well and I love the easy way to get rid of the dust now.
If I had a bigger shop I would have a bigger bin but for my limited work it is really great.
In fact it’s only when I use the thicknesser a lot it is a too small bucket.
But I got tired that a lot fell down the side when I had to empty it, so I made this little easy upgrade.
A piece of thick MDF, marking the center.
In the back you see a white plastic prototype I made.
Marking the outside diameter.
Cutting it to shape on the band saw.
Marking the inside diameter of the dust bag holder.
Cutting the inside with a jig saw.
With an angle to make the dust fall down the bag.
Adding some dowels to keep the bag holder in place.
Drill and glue.
We got a upgrade!
Now the dust will not fall down the sides.
Time to test.
After I filled a bag, it looked like this, almost no dust on the side.
Now it’s just to pull the bag holder out.
Yes this is so much better.
Hmmm we learn by doing, learn from mistakes and wanting to do better.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.