making the boards.
Once again I will try to go my way, sorry Mike I’m a pain in the bucket…
I will make the stafs different width, and set up the angels by eye, and not by math.
Here is the PDF I made to show the principal.
This because it is my guess that it was done like this in the old days.
Stafs cut up in different width, now ready to plane with the new convex hand plane.
Before I could start I had to adjust the plane, the mouth was simply to narrow, and the wedge was a wee bit too long, so I kept having shaves stuck in the throat (took me a while to figure out this).
Shaves were flying all over, and in no time it was done!
Wauuu, a wonderful little plane, cuts so wonderful and smooth.
Learning: I should have made it longer and bigger! It was hard for the hands to hold this little plane. But I did it because I had a plane iron, and I wanted it to be small to store after, so in total I’m happy.
I found out that it was much easier and took less energy from my bad arms when I used it as a pull plane, like the Japanese, in this way I could use my body weight to take the shaves and not my arms.
Boards with curves!
Here the setup, I will make two longer and then try and fit the rest to middle.
I think I will make a lit for it after (Norwegian style).
Now I will see if I can get to make the bottom and lit.
Hope the PDF can be useful.
-- Mad F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.