Router table the finale
A little tour through my last part on this project.
So here are the place we will end as usual… Yes I am Mr. backwards.
To finish where we ended last, this is the glue up of the vacuum hole.
I made pieces of plywood that could make it tight, so the suction will be optimal.
Did that make any sense?
No this is not a ship drill press… And you are not on drugs!
It’s just tilted to drill the holes for the vacuum hose mount, I wanted it to come in on a angel, so I can focus the suction. (Also I get the chance to make some show of my digital gadgets… Yes I’m a child).
Making the holes so close I don’t have to do any more than that… Lazy me.
Two holes for the mount.
Ready to mount.
Here you can see the air hole has been tightened with plywood.
Just plug in the hose and action!
Here from the front – vacum part ready.
Next part here are just for fun!
I was at Napoleons place, and on the wall was hanging a cromed handle, and he said I coud take it for my router table. So I did.
Then some of this epoxy clay, and a hex bit.
And here we are a beautiful router lift key!
Thank you Napoleon.
Here are the parts. I had some from a broken crappy router table, but they can be made of wood to.
On this picture you also see I put a pair of threaded inserts on the front (Used the little piece of plywood to avoid tear out).
Here we are! The fancy key, and top feather board.
When impatient, use a hex on the accu.
Two holes in the table also, threading them and viola!
Now I’m the lucky owner of a router table finally.
Hope it could be a inspiration to some, and just a sweet laugh to others
-- Mad F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.