I made some progress today. I finished shaping the saddle, made the handles and sanded the horse body and legs as well as parts for the rocker. After sanding I put together the horse and rockers but I have not attached the horse to the rockers yet. I only have a few more items to finish; the trim pieces for the mane and tail and the eyes.
Time to start thinking about how I am going to finish the project when complete. I am debating between BLO followed by a wipe on Polyurethane or just going with the Poly. I will finish some test pieces this week to see which I like better or if a need a plan C.