I finished (not counting doors) the first and largest cabinet this weekend. I added pocket screws to all the panels that would not be seen to hold the face frame on. For areas I could not add pocket screws I used a biscuit joiner, mostly for the rails. This also helped with alignment.
Before assembly I added shelf pins using a jig from Veritas. I decided to add steel sleeves to the pin holes for durability.
My shop is out of space and I had no place to assemble the cabinet so… I built the cabinet and finished the cabinet in the kitchen. I did not use sandpaper until the first coat of finish had been applied instead relying on planes and scrapers. Finish is a 1 1/2 pound cut of super blonde shellac followed by two coats of polyurethane. Nice warm color.
While all the drywall was down and studs exposed, I marked the stud locations on my story sticks. I transferred the stud centers to the back of the cabinet and predrilled the holes to hang the cabinet.
The story sticks is now being used as the ledger board for hanging the cabinet. The far left style was cut wide so that I could scribe it to the wall for a tight fit. I used #10 by 3” screws, three per stud, four studs, to secure the cabinet.
Feels good to finally have something to show for all my work. Good motivation to keep going!