Completed the final sanding this weekend and applied the finish. I used a 1 pound cut of shellac as a sanding sealer followed by four coats of polyurethane. I will let the Poly harden for a week or two and rub the finish out to a high glos...
|View MC's:||home||workshop||projects (12)||blog (10)||reviews (0)||forum topics (1)||buddies (0)||favorites (89)||activity log|
None so far
76 posts in 1095 days
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||A Boys Tool Chest..||12-21-2014 08:35 PM|
|commented on||Toy Handplane for Childs Toolbox||12-06-2014 12:10 PM|
|commented on||Greene and Greene Inspired Nightstand||11-30-2014 10:56 PM|
|replied on||Augusta, GA a dead zone?||11-08-2014 11:47 AM|
|commented on||The Rou-Bozo Workbench, A New Standard?||11-01-2014 12:17 AM|
|commented on||Bathroom Remodel||10-26-2014 10:02 PM|
|commented on||Cherry Jewlery box||10-18-2014 11:12 AM|
|replied on||ROCKING HORSE IDEAS....||10-12-2014 09:49 PM|
|commented on||Frustrations with Rust and my experiment protect my tools Part 1||10-11-2014 10:07 AM|
|commented on||Outdoor Cedar Table||09-29-2014 11:15 PM|
|added project||Outdoor Cedar Table||09-28-2014 06:59 PM|
|commented on||Mahogany "Farm Style" Dining Table||08-05-2014 11:19 PM|
|added project||$2.97 Sharpening Bench||06-25-2014 01:23 PM|
|replied on||Anyone disappointed by a Lie-Nielsen dovetail saw?||05-25-2014 11:28 PM|
|commented on||Republican versus Democrat Chess Set by Jim Arnold||05-24-2014 01:09 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 12 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 10 »
Finished making the last of the parts this weekend and got everything put together. Added the booster step and ears made from the same ambrosia maple as the rockers. The mane and tail trim pieces came from some cherry I had left over from anot...
I made some progress today. I finished shaping the saddle, made the handles and sanded the horse body and legs as well as parts for the rocker. After sanding I put together the horse and rockers but I have not attached the horse to the rockers yet...
Did not get as much done as I had planned this past weekend. I work in an open garage and the 105 degree F temperatures slowed my progress. I did pick up more walnut and made another saddle for the horse. I also rounded over all the edges with a r...
I had a bit of a setback this weekend. After spending about three hours shaping the saddle I came to the realization that I had lined up the front of the top profile with the back of the side profile. Hate it when that happens. Will need to pick u...