Well, I finally had a chance to start tackling the jointer cleanup. luckily the in/out-feed tables were fairly clean and had only light rust. I took two passes with rust cleaner on both and then a light sand with WD-40 as “lubricant”. They cleaned right up and look good.
The cutter head is a different story. It’s more rusted and harder to clean. I did the best I could with a wire brush and a green scrub pad. I’ll know later if I helped any in getting the old blades out.
Sadly, I learned that the infeed table has a slight dish to it and, without re-grinding or LOTS of sanding, it’s as good as it’s going to get. To be honest, I don;t even know if its worth re-grinding it. That would likely cost more than I paid and more than it’s worth. Ah well.
This is the beast without it’s fence. Tables are level with each other. Good!
The out-feed side. Some discoloration but flat and smoooooooth.
Cutter head with old blades in. Meh.
The in-feed side. Closup with level on it. I don’t know if you can tell but there is a slight dip right in the middle.
Next up is waxing the tables and trying to get the blades out.
-- Be honest, honorable, kind, work hard, and generally be awesome.