Today I was able to work a bit more on my tapering / straitening jig and did some other stuff as well.
In our back yard, my lovely wife has some beds she uses to grow veggies. Well, she needed a couple more so the first part of my morning was spent putting those together. Nothing special, just pressure treated 2×6 screwed together with rocks and dirt tossed in. Fairly quick work.
The second part of the morning was spent replacing the light that is in our laundry space. We’ve had 2 or 3 of the small fluorescent lights there but they always seem to fall off and break either the bulb or the holder. I decided I wasn’t going to get another one of those and got a regular surface-mount bulb holder, wired it, screwed it to the shelf above the washer, put a standard-type CF bulb in it and was don with THAT project. Two more off the honey-do list.
Then I was able to work on the parts for the jig. I cut 4 pieces 1 1/2×5 x 3/4 and glued them in pairs to make the hold downs. Then I cut a piece 3/4×1/2×4 and another 3/4×1/2×1 for the stop and glued those together. Then I cut a piece 1 1/2×3/4×9 and another 1 1/2×3/4×1 and glued THOSE together for the handle.
While those were drying, I gut a piece 3/4×1 x 40 for the side rail. This, along with the other parts, used up all the clamps I own so I cut the 1/4” slots in the top face for the t-bolts to go through.
Then, while trying to maneuver around all the clamps, I dropped one and the handle broke. :( and >:( So, even though I hadn’t planned on doing it yet, I started work on a clamp rack.
Hopefully this jig will be done soon, I’m ready to move on to another project.
-- Be honest, honorable, kind, work hard, and generally be awesome.