I have lost my momentum but progress remains. The Legs – it took me a month to get them done.
Here they are getting marked up.
I wanted to embody as much galootness as possible. Yet I am still unsure of my skill and thus elected to use the table saw to cut the shoulders. These need to be square. The cheeks of the stub tenons not so much.
I used my practice leg first. I borrowed the fancy kreg miter guage.
Hand sawing the cheeks proved more problematic than expected. I do not have a Tenon saw. I have my BA 12” xcut and a dull 14” tyzack back saw(which would have work great if it was sharp). The best combination was to get the kerf started with the BA x-cut saw and finish up with the Disston rip. It was a lot of work but I am pleased with the results.
I ensured square, flush, flat with the router plane. Man, cherry burns easy!
Since I have never attempted a project like this before I was very apprehensive about my ability to execute the tenons. Thus, I started with legs at a length that would allow me to completely botch the tenons, but them off and start again. Once, satisfied with the tenons I cut the excess of the bottom.
-- It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. - Muhammad Ali