So the end of this week has been kind of weird. My wife had a yard sale. Man, that is a lot of work to get rid of crap that you shouldn’t have bought in the first place. The in-law relatives came down from West Virgini. My brother graciously came in to give me a hand on the bench but I came down with a viral gastritis.
I was socially wrangled, mentally distracted and physically diminished. But we can’t let that get in the way. This is a hobby, a pilgrimage and an obsession…....
Marking out the end tenon. It is getting late.
Marc demonstrates cutting the end tenon with his track saw but I have a crappy blade on my circ saw and that the miter saw with the depth stop was a acceptable idea. It wasn’t as the saw didn’t make it all the way thru.
I finished it up with X-cut D-8 but this obvious left 2 planes to the cut and requires planing and paring the end grain.
With a block, shoulder and chisels I went to work. The tenon was going out square. it was still too big and it wasn’t going so well so I stopped here.
The next morning I had an epiphany. With a piece a cut-off I turned my tenon into a dado and the router plane made quick and exacting work of it!
Next I prepared to route out the cavity for the tail vise screw. In order to to give the route base support I joint an edge of a tubafore.
Point of interest. During the excavation I ran into a domino.
Next is the end cap….........
-- " I am a heathen with little tolerance for blatant stupidity and limp handshakes…" - Tony